The National Youth Tourism Network (RNTJ) is made up of youth hostels in the mainland and in the Autonomous Regions of Madeira and Azores. In the Mainland, youth hostels are managed by Movijovem - youth mobility, CIPRL. Some are managed by other entities, both public or private.
Rules and general conditions in Continental Youth Hostels:
1. There is no age limit.
2. The reservation’s holder must have a Youth Hostels membership card or a European Youth Card E.Y.C.
Note: Any of these cards can be purchased in the country of origin and are valid in Portugal.
3. The check-in requires the presentation of a legal identification document of each guest. Personal data is protected according to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
4. Guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult or be provided with a parental authorization.
5. According to Law no. 63/2017, of August 3rd, paragraph 3, article 4 - smoking is not allowed, including electronic cigarettes, in the enclosed spaces of youth hostels. It is also forbidden to eat or drink in the bedrooms.
6. Except for "pet friendly" youth hostels, pets are not allowed except Guide dogs.
7. Guests are responsible for any damages caused and must take responsibility for them.
8. When available, Member’s Kitchen and Self-Laundry are available to individual guests only according to specific rules of each youth hostel.
9. Double rooms allow, at most, one extra bed or cot which may be charged.
10. Towels are only provided only in rooms with private bathroom.
11. The cleaning services change sheets and bath towels every 3 days.
12. Movijovem does not assume responsibility for any goods and values left in the rooms.
13. After check-out, any belongings left in the rooms will be removed. These may be claimed at the reception during the next 30 days by whoever proves to be their owner.
14. Shared rooms (dorms) can be shared between guests of different bookings. The assignment of the bedroom/bed is the responsibility of the youth hostel.
15. The reservation of private rooms allows the use of the room in privacy, regardless of the number of beds occupied up to the maximum of its capacity.
16. Adults accompanied by children booking accommodation in doubles/twins or apartments exceeding room capacity require the booking of an extra bed (free up to 12 years old - 50% discount from 13 to 16 years old). The reservation of extra beds is subject to availability.
17. The booking of the "extra bed" service gives the customer the right to use an additional bed that allows the increase of the basic accommodation capacity of a double room or apartment.
18. Extra beds are the size of a single bed, without protective grills and are often convertible.
19. The youth hostel can not be held responsible for falls or accidents suffered by children occupying extra beds.
20. The terms and conditions of individual bookings (16 years or over) and of group bookings (corporate entities) are as follows:
a. The confirmation is subject to prior payment by the deadline stated on the reservation voucher.
b. Guests may choose refundable or non-refundable rates.
c. Refundable bookings:
i. Cancellations up to 15 days of the check-in are refunded at 75% of the amount paid.
ii. Refunds are made by bank transfer or Credit card.
iii. Cancellations with less than 15 days of the check-in are not refundable.
d. Cancellations or changes to non-refundable reservations imply the total loss of the amount paid.
a. A deposit is required by the deadline stated on the voucher to confirm the booking. The balance must be paid up to 15 days before check-in.
b. Confirmed bookings are never refunded.
c. Less than 15 days prior to check-in changes to group bookings are not accepted.
21. Any current discount or promotional campaign does not apply to online bookings at www.pousadasjuventude.pt.
a. Check In: from 18h00m to 00h00m (after 00h00 the welcome is made by the night-keeper and the check-in is done the following morning from 08h00).
b. Check Out: until 12h00.
c. Cleaning: 12h00 to 18h00 (access to rooms may be restricted).
d. Silence: 00h00 to 08h00.
23. Meeting Rooms:
a. Day: 09h00 to 24h00.
b. Morning: 09h00 to 13h00.
c. Afternoon: 14h00 to 18h00.
d. Night: 20h00 to 24h00.
a. Breakfast: from 08h30 to 10h00.
b. Lunch: from 12h30 to 14h00.
c. Dinner: from 19h30 to 21h00.
Note: Mealtimes may change with the time of year and between Hostels.
25. The timetables and services mentioned herein may change without prior notice.
Averigüe todo lo que ha sucedido , está sucediendo y va a suceder en un futuro próximo. Eventos, campañas ,regalos, aficiones, noticias ... todo y nada en el boletín de SUS Albergues Juveniles